CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

We have a mess






Jason along with our two friends Matt and Rick did everything, on the whole project. They have been at the house every weekend for over 10 hours per day, and they go over there at least 3 nights a week after they have been working their day jobs. We hired 2-4 guys on some of the weekends to help with the demo and cleaning. It is a BIG mess. Thank goodness we weren't living there at the time. There was pretty much no insulation upstairs, but betwen the downstairs and upstairs in the ceiling was celulose insulation that came down when the took the ceiling down. I went to visit on christmas eve with my parents, there was over 12 inches of celulose, plaster, wood and nails on the ground on the whole first floor. The bathroom and kitchen countertops had at least 3-4 inches of dust on them. I decided that after Santa came on christmas and my parents took Will and Kristen to the Holiday Inn Pool/ Hotel for the night that Jason and I would try to clean up some of the house. We cleaned on Christmas, we paid some guys to take out the big trash the next weekend and 4 guys worked 16 hours each, and they got a lot done. Then Jason, Will and I went back on New Years Day and cleaned some more, I was able to see the countertops and floors by the end of New Years Day!!! The picture right above this looked fairly good compared to what my parents and I saw on Christmas eve, we were in shock and I thought it would never been cleaned.

0 comments: